As your child continues to progress through each grade, workloads and assignments will become tougher to manage — but there are strategies for conquering new challenges with ease. With Sylvan's study skills programs in Duncan, you can help your child manage his or her time better, prepare for exams more effectively and lay the groundwork for a successful university application. It’s an effective way to nurture the skills to manage any “to do” list. After all, we emphasize practical organizational skills as part of our study skills program in addition to proven academic techniques. Our instructors know exactly how to set students in Duncan up for future success.
A Personalized Approach
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. We provide tips for smarter assignment planning and exam preparation as well as effective research strategies and advice on how to improve in-class learning with better active listening skills. That's why our sessions are tailored to be personal and relevant, equipping students with the tools they need to be effective, confident learners.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Make a Difference
Register your child in one of our study skills programs in Duncan and you can expect nothing but positive changes. Our tutoring experts will instill life-long study skills that will pay dividends far beyond school. That includes tips for making completing assignments and studying for tests that much easier. Our number one focus is nurturing a positive attitude and sustainable habits, making sure to take the time to recognize every student’s progress.
What your child will take away from our study skills program:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!