As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. With Sylvan's study skills programs in Duncan, you can help your child manage his or her time better, prepare for exams more effectively and lay the groundwork for a successful university application. It’s an excellent way to encourage the best habits for staying on top of even the longest “to do” list. After all, we emphasize practical organizational skills as part of our study skills program in addition to proven academic techniques. That’s how our experts prepare students in Duncan for success an all facets of their lives.
Our Personal Learning Experience
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, a combination of techniques are needed to ensure the best possible academic performance, including advanced research skills, assignment planning and the ability to use active listening in class. At Sylvan, we’ll spend time understanding each student’s personal needs and learning style in order to make sure they get the most out of every session, building confidence and better study skills along the way.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Make a Difference
Wondering what you can look forward to once you've registered your child for our study skills program in Duncan? Our tutoring experts will teach practical study and organizational skills that can be used in school and throughout life. That includes sharing study tips that will make assignments, projects and tests much more manageable. We also help students nurture positive habits, recognizing every skill mastered and every milestone reached.
Our study skills program has it all:
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process.