Progressing through school means bigger workloads and tougher assignments, but there is a way to help your child take on these challenges and fulfill his or her potential. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in Duncan, your child will spend time learning effective time management and exam prep strategies that will put them on the right track towards successful university applications. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects. Our study skills program not only helps improve academic performance — it also builds valuable organizational skills that extend into the real world. Our study skills experts are dedicated to preparing your child for success in school and beyond.
Tailored to be More Personal
Not all students learn those essential “higher order” thinking skills the same way. We offer everything from assistance with exam preparation and assignment planning to research strategies and techniques for developing better active listening skills. At Sylvan, we’ll spend time understanding each student’s personal needs and learning style in order to make sure they get the most out of every session, building confidence and better study skills along the way.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors You Can Count On
Wondering what to expect when you register your son or daughter in one of our study skills programs in Duncan? Our tutors will be there to encourage positive study and concentration skills that will last a lifetime. That includes sharing techniques that are proven to make exams, projects, assignments and other schoolwork more manageable. Our main goal is to instill a positive attitude, making sure we take the time to recognize students for the progress they make during each session.
Our program covers the following:
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the university admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.