As your child makes his or her way through school, it's inevitable that the workloads will become more demanding and the assignments will get tougher — but there is a way to prepare for these growing challenges. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in Delta, your child will spend time learning effective time management and exam prep strategies that will put them on the right track towards successful university applications. It’s an excellent way to encourage the best habits for staying on top of even the longest “to do” list. Our study skills program focuses on more than academic best practices — it also builds positive organizational habits that last a lifetime. That's how our experts tee up Delta students for real success at school — and beyond.
A Personalized Approach
Different students have different needs when it comes to mastering those critically important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors You Can Count On
So what should your expectations be when you register your child for our study skills program in Delta? You'll learn that our tutors are skilled at teaching effective habits that your child will be able to rely on in the classroom and beyond. They will also provide useful tips for improving test preparation as well as assignment and project planning. We also help students foster their newly acquired habits and attitudes, recognizing each milestone reached and every skill mastered.
Our program at a glance:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.