As your child continues to progress through each grade, workloads and assignments will become tougher to manage — but there are strategies for conquering new challenges with ease. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in Coquitlam, your child will spend time learning effective time management and exam prep strategies that will put them on the right track towards successful university applications. It’s an excellent way to encourage the best habits for staying on top of even the longest “to do” list. Our study skills program focuses on more than academic best practices — it also builds positive organizational habits that last a lifetime. Our instructors know exactly how to set students in Coquitlam up for future success.
An Approach Tailored to Your Child
No two students are exactly the same when it comes to learning those all important “higher order” thinking skills. We provide tips for smarter assignment planning and exam preparation as well as effective research strategies and advice on how to improve in-class learning with better active listening skills. At Sylvan, we assess each student's needs to ensure our sessions are not only relevant but personalized, focusing on the most effective ways to study better, boost grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Can Help Make a Difference
So what should your expectations be when you register your child for our study skills program in Coquitlam? Our tutoring experts will impart study skills that are not only applicable in school but can also be used throughout life. That includes sharing study tips that will make assignments, projects and tests much more manageable. We also work on encouraging a positive attitude and acknowledging students for every goal and milestone reached.
Our study skills program includes:
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the university admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.