As your child continues to progress through each grade, workloads and assignments will become tougher to manage — but there are strategies for conquering new challenges with ease. With our study skills program in Coquitlam, you can help your son or daughter develop better time management skills, learn more effective exam preparation methods and even lay the groundwork for a compelling university application. It’s the perfect way to build an understanding of how to manage even the longest “to do” list. Our study skills program focuses on more than academic best practices — it also builds positive organizational habits that last a lifetime. That's how our experts tee up Coquitlam students for real success at school — and beyond.
Our Personal Learning Experience
School students have different needs when it comes to honing transferable "higher order" thinking skills. Developing strategies for more effective exam preparation, assignment planning and active listening in the classroom are all essential to long-term success. That's why our sessions are tailored to be personal and relevant, equipping students with the tools they need to be effective, confident learners.▼
Getting into the Right Habits
So what happens next once you've registered your son or daughter for our study skills program in Coquitlam? Our tutoring experts will teach practical study and organizational skills that can be used in school and throughout life. That includes handy tips that make all kinds of exams, assignments and tests much more manageable. We also recognize every milestone reached, encouraging students to continue fostering their new habits, skills and attitudes.
Our program covers the following:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety. How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the university admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.