As your child progresses through school, the workloads get bigger and the assignments get tougher — but there is a way to take on these challenges with confidence and ease. With our study skills program in Colwood, you can help your child get ahead of the game when it comes to time management, exam preparation and even university applications. It's a great way to gain the skills needed to balance even the longest "to do" list. Our study skills program focuses on more than academic best practices — it also builds positive organizational habits that last a lifetime. That's how our study skills experts are helping Colwood students get on the path to success in the classroom and beyond.
Tailored to be More Personal
Every student learns those all important “higher order” thinking skills differently. From exam preparation to advanced research and active listening skills, a number of factors have to be considered in order to maximize all-round academic performance. At Sylvan, we take each student’s unique learning style into consideration to make sure our sessions are relevant as well as personalized, zeroing in on the most beneficial ways to study, leading to better grades and more confidence.▼
Tutors That Teach the Right Habits
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in Colwood, what can you expect next? Our tutoring experts will teach practical skills for studying and organizing that can be used in and beyond the classroom. That includes sharing techniques that are proven to make exams, projects, assignments and other schoolwork more manageable. We also work on encouraging a positive attitude and acknowledging students for every goal and milestone reached.
Our study skills program includes:
- Time management tips, note-taking techniques and stronger organizational skills.
- Advanced comprehensive strategies, including active reading and active listening.
- Test prep and test day strategies that cover every kind of exam question and reveal how to control anxiety levels.
- How to evaluate sources, write a bibliography, and use digital resources responsibly.
- How to put together a successful university application.
- Resume and cover letter techniques, as well as job interview preparation tips.