Progressing through school means bigger workloads and tougher assignments, but there is a way to help your child take on these challenges and fulfill his or her potential. Register your child for Sylvan's study skills program in Colwood and we'll help him or her manage time better, prepare for exams effectively and even start laying the groundwork for a great university application. It's a great way to learn how to take on even the longest "to do" list. After all, our study skills program focuses on practical organizational skills as well as proven academic techniques. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills.
A Tailored Approach with a Personal Touch
No two adolescents have identical learning styles — and that includes how they develop those essential “higher order” thinking skills. Anything from help with exam preparation, assignment planning and research techniques to developing advanced active listening skills for maximizing in-class learning could be required. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
See the Difference We Can Make
So what happens once your son or daughter is registered for our study skills program in Colwood? Our tutors will be there to encourage positive study and concentration skills that will last a lifetime. They will also provide useful tips for improving test preparation as well as assignment and project planning. We also acknowledge each and every milestone students reach, which helps to ensure they continue using their new-found habits, skills and attitudes.
Our study skills program has it all:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!