As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. With our study skills program in Burnaby, you can help your son or daughter develop better time management skills, learn more effective exam preparation methods and even lay the groundwork for a compelling university application. It's a great way to learn how to take on even the longest "to do" list. Our study skills program focuses on more than academic best practices — it also builds positive organizational habits that last a lifetime. Our instructors know exactly how to set students in Burnaby up for future success.
Tailored to Fit Individual Needs
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. That's why we personalize our sessions to make sure each student has the support and guidance to study more effectively, boost grades and gain more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
An Immediate and Long-Lasting Difference
So what happens once your son or daughter is registered for our study skills program in Burnaby? Our tutoring experts will instill life-long study skills that will pay dividends far beyond school. That includes study tips that reveal how to make assignments and exams less intimidating and more manageable. We also recognize every milestone reached, encouraging students to continue fostering their new habits, skills and attitudes.
Our program at a glance:
- Guidance towards effective planning and time management strategies.
- Tips for more efficient note-taking like using flash cards.
- Reading comprehension techniques that will improve ability to understand and retain information.
- Research best practices for finding quality online sources and sharing digital information as responsibly as possible.
- Advice for improving written communication skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies cover different types of questions and help manage nerves.
- Guidance through the university admissions process and tips for preparing for job interviews.
- Handy scheduling options that will make it easier to fit in all your priorities.