As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. With Sylvan's study skills programs in Burnaby, you can help your child manage his or her time better, prepare for tests more effectively and lay the groundwork for conquering the challenges that lie ahead. It's a great way to gain the skills needed to balance even the longest "to do" list.
Tailored to be More Personal
School students have different needs when it comes to honing transferable "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, a combination of techniques are needed to ensure the best possible academic performance, including advanced research skills, assignment planning and the ability to use active listening in class. At Sylvan, adapting to each student’s unique needs is a priority so we’re able to provide relevant and personalized sessions that focus on practical study tips for boosting grades and building confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Make a Difference
Register your child in one of our study skills programs in Burnaby and you can expect nothing but positive changes. Our tutoring experts will teach practical skills for studying and organizing that can be used in and beyond the classroom. They will also provide useful tips for improving test preparation as well as assignment and project planning. We also recognize every milestone reached, encouraging students to continue fostering their new habits, skills and attitudes.
Our program covers the following:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!