As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in Burnaby, your child will spend time learning effective time management and exam prep strategies that will put them on the right track towards successful university applications. It’s the perfect way to build an understanding of how to manage even the longest “to do” list. After all, our study skills program isn't only focused on academics: it emphasizes all-round organizational tools and techniques as well. Our instructors know exactly how to set students in Burnaby up for future success.
Tailored to be More Personal
No two students are exactly the same when it comes to learning those all important “higher order” thinking skills. From exam preparation to advanced research and active listening skills, a number of factors have to be considered in order to maximize all-round academic performance. That's why our sessions are tailored to be personal and relevant, equipping students with the tools they need to be effective, confident learners.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
See the Difference We Can Make
So what is in store when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Burnaby? Our tutoring experts will instill life-long study skills that will pay dividends far beyond school. They will also provide useful tips for improving test preparation as well as assignment and project planning. Our number one focus is nurturing a positive attitude and sustainable habits, making sure to take the time to recognize every student’s progress.
What your child will take away from our study skills program:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.
Start Now and Save