The older your child gets, the more difficult and demanding school assignments are going to become — but that just means he or she will have to develop the skills to conquer every new challenge that comes along. Register your child for Sylvan’s study skills programs in Abbotsford, and he or she will learn better time management and test prep strategies and start laying the groundwork for tackling future challenges ahead. It’s the ideal way to foster positive habits for managing even the most extensive “to do” list.
A Personalized Approach
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. Developing strategies for more effective exam preparation, assignment planning and active listening in the classroom are all essential to long-term success. At Sylvan, adapting to each student’s unique needs is a priority so we’re able to provide relevant and personalized sessions that focus on practical study tips for boosting grades and building confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Getting into the Right Habits
So what happens next once you've registered your son or daughter for our study skills program in Abbotsford? You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes tips for managing exam preparation and project planning more effectively. We also help students foster their newly acquired habits and attitudes, recognizing each milestone reached and every skill mastered.
Our program at a glance:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety.
- How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the university admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.