As your child gets older, school workloads will grow and assignment difficulty will increase — but it’s possible for your child to confidently take on new challenges. Register your child for Sylvan's study skills program in Abbotsford and we'll help him or her manage time better, prepare for exams effectively and even start laying the groundwork for a great university application. It’s the ideal way to foster positive habits for managing even the most extensive “to do” list. After all, our study skills program isn't only focused on academics: it emphasizes all-round organizational tools and techniques as well. That's how our experts tee up Abbotsford students for real success at school — and beyond.
Our Personal Learning Experience
Not all students learn those essential “higher order” thinking skills the same way. Anything from help with exam preparation, assignment planning and research techniques to developing advanced active listening skills for maximizing in-class learning could be required. That's why we personalize our sessions to make sure each student has the support and guidance to study more effectively, boost grades and gain more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
See the Difference We Can Make
So what should your expectations be when you register your child for our study skills program in Abbotsford? Our tutoring experts will impart study skills that are not only applicable in school but can also be used throughout life. They will also provide useful tips for improving test preparation as well as assignment and project planning. We also focus on fostering a positive attitude towards education by making sure to acknowledge every student’s accomplishments on a regular basis.
What your child will take away from our study skills program:
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process.