Make sure your son or daughter is ready for growing school workloads and the future challenges of university with Sylvan’s study skills program in British Columbia. Through our study skills program, kids and teens in grades 4-12 will learn important problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that will help them organize and manage packed schedules and increasing schoolwork more effectively. As your child develops life-long skills that he or she can put to use in school and beyond, his or her confidence will soar! Help your child get equipped for success: get in touch with your local Sylvan in British Columbia today to get started.
Prepare for a Bright Future Ahead
Between homework, advanced classes, extracurricular activities and part-time jobs (not to mention socializing!), most modern students have a lot on their plate. And once university applications start, it can be even more difficult to stay on top of things. That's why our study skills program is tailored to have a lasting positive effect, helping students gain important strategies to plan, manage and prioritize their schedules and workloads more effectively than ever before.
The Skills to Achieve More in School and Beyond
Strong foundations are vital for long-term success. That’s why our study skills program in British Columbia is designed to equip teens with vital skills and strategies that they can not only put to use right away in any grade, but that they can also carry with them into university and even into future careers. At Sylvan, we see the bigger picture, which is why we’re dedicated to instilling life-long knowledge that can help your son or daughter thrive personally and academically, both inside and outside the classroom. Learn how we can help your child push his or her skillset (and confidence!) to the next level.
Your Son or Daughter Will Learn:
- How to manage time and workloads more effectively.
- Proven strategies for short-term and long-term target setting.
- Techniques for planning and managing large projects.
- Organizational methods for efficient homework routines and how to set up a personal study area.
- Performance management and planning skills, from tracking grades to using an academic calendar.
- How to communicate more effectively, including tactics like active listening.
- How to put together a winning university application.
- Job interview preparation tactics, including expert tips for writing a compelling cover letter.