Sylvan’s study skills program in British Columbia can help ensure your son or daughter is fully prepared for increasing school workloads and the forthcoming challenges of university. Through our program, kids in grades 4-12 develop useful life management, problem solving and critical thinking skills to help them better organize their busy schedules and stay on top of schoolwork assignments. You'll see a noticeable difference in your son or daughter's confidence as he or she gains tools and techniques that can be used in school and beyond! We're ready to equip your child for success: simply contact your local Sylvan in British Columbia to get started or to find out more.
Start Now, Succeed Tomorrow
Whether it's extracurricular classes, homework assignments, a part-time job or the demands of a full social life, there’s no doubting that students often have a lot on their plate. And when university applications eventually come about, it can be an even greater challenge to stay on top of everything. That's where our tutoring experts step in, offering a study skills program that focuses on effective planning, managing and prioritizing skills — helping students take on any project and achieve the right results.
Life-Long Skills to Succeed, Starting in Grade 4
A solid foundation leads to success. That’s why we've tailored our study skills program in British Columbia to equip teens with skills and strategies that are not only applicable at school right away, but can also be used at university and, eventually, in a career setting. Sylvan always has the bigger picture in mind, so we instill life-long knowledge your son or daughter can use to thrive personally and academically. Find out how we can strengthen your child’s skillset so he or she can handle any challenge.
Your Teen Will Learn:
- How to manage time and workloads more effectively.
- Proven strategies for short-term and long-term target setting.
- Techniques for planning and managing large projects.
- Organizational methods for efficient homework routines and how to set up a personal study area.
- Performance management and planning skills, from tracking grades to using an academic calendar.
- How to communicate more effectively, including tactics like active listening.
- How to put together a winning university application.
- Job interview preparation tactics, including expert tips for writing a compelling cover letter.