As school workloads grow and the challenges of university get closer, you can help ensure your son or daughter is prepared with Sylvan’s study skills program in British Columbia. Through our study skills program, kids and teens in grades 4-12 will learn important problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that will help them organize and manage packed schedules and increasing schoolwork more effectively. As your child learns tools and techniques that can be used in and beyond school, you'll see his or her confidence grow! Contact your local Sylvan in British Columbia now to find out how we can equip your child for success.
A Successful Future Starts Now
There’s no doubt that many students have a lot of responsibilities to juggle, whether it's a homework assignment, advanced classes, a part-time job or simply maintaining a healthy social life. Add the extra challenge of university applications and it's even trickier to stay on top of everything. That's why our study skills program focuses on strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing workloads and schedules, empowering students to take on any project — and organize their time — much more effectively.
From Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
Success starts with a solid foundation. That’s why our study skills program in British Columbia is designed to equip teens with vital skills and strategies that they can not only put to use right away in any grade, but that they can also carry with them into university and even into future careers. In other words, we always consider the bigger picture, and our goal is to impart lifelong knowledge that can go a long way to ensuring your son or daughter's personal and academic success. We’re here to enhance your child’s skillset so he or she can meet any challenge with confidence.
Your Son or Daughter Will Learn:
- How to manage workloads and schedules better.
- Strategies for short-term and long-term goal setting.
- Techniques for project planning, tracking and management.
- Organizational methods for effective personal study areas and efficient approaches to homework.
- How to set personal expectations, track grades and make effective use of an academic calendar.
- Active listening skills.
- How to successfully apply for university and write a compelling admission essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including how to create a resume that works.