Sylvan’s study skills program in British Columbia can help ensure your son or daughter is fully prepared for increasing school workloads and the forthcoming challenges of university. Through our program, kids in grades 4-12 can develop practical life management, critical thinking and problem solving skills, enabling them to manage their schoolwork and schedules more effectively. You'll see a noticeable difference in your son or daughter's confidence as he or she gains tools and techniques that can be used in school and beyond! Help your child get equipped for success: get in touch with your local Sylvan in British Columbia today to get started.
A Successful Future Starts Now
With homework piling up, advanced classes to take, extracurricular activities to attend, part-time jobs to get to on time and a social life to uphold, there’s no question that most students have a lot on their plate. And with university applications to eventually consider, it can be difficult to stay on top of things. This is where our study skills program can make a big impact: our tutoring experts will equip students with valuable strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing schedules and workloads, so they can take on any project more effectively.▼
The Tools to Succeed from Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
Success begins with a strong foundation. That’s why we've tailored our study skills program in British Columbia to equip teens with skills and strategies that are not only applicable at school right away, but can also be used at university and, eventually, in a career setting. We always take the bigger picture into consideration, so our goal is to instill lifelong knowledge for personal and academic success. Together we can build your child’s skillset (and confidence!) so he or she can take on any challenge.
Your Teen Will Learn:
- How to manage time and workloads more effectively.
- Proven strategies for short-term and long-term target setting.
- Techniques for planning and managing large projects.
- Organizational methods for efficient homework routines and how to set up a personal study area.
- Performance management and planning skills, from tracking grades to using an academic calendar.
- How to communicate more effectively, including tactics like active listening.
- How to put together a winning university application.
- Job interview preparation tactics, including expert tips for writing a compelling cover letter.