Sylvan’s Robotics for Kids programs in West Vancouver take after-school learning to a new and exciting level! Your child will get to grips with critical science and engineering concepts by designing, building and animating a new LEGO® robot every week — it doesn't get much cooler than that! Our courses are an excellent way to inspire and motivate your child — and keep him or her engaged outside of school. They also offer the advantage of equipping your aspiring engineer or programmer with key 21st century abilities that can help enrich his or her prospects for the future.
Help Your Child Master Vital Skills
Jobs in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) are continuing to grow, making it all the more important to ensure your son or daughter is armed with 21st century competencies. That’s why you’ll be happy to know that our Robotics for Kids courses in West Vancouver have been specially developed to challenge and motivate students in elementary and middle school to get to grips with modern-day competencies like computer programming and problem solving — all without skimping on fun, of course! Collaborating with a teammate, your child will build cool robots using even cooler kid-friendly technology, learning STEM concepts along the way.▼
Kids of all ages have a blast with our Robotics for Kids programs, and no previous experience or expertise is necessary! Parents value our programs as well because we always keep them in the loop. That means you'll get weekly communications that illustrate your child's progress, explain which STEM concepts have been covered and look ahead to the next week's project. Your child will also receive reinforcement tools at the end of each class, allowing him or her to boost the skills developed in class — and to share with you all the fun new things he or she learned!
Features of our Robotics Courses include:
- Personal attention and small class sizes, with no more than 12 students per session
- Cool, hands-on projects that make learning a fun and exciting experience
- The camaraderie of collaborating with a partner to construct and animate a variety of LEGO® robots
- Easy-to-learn software that’s fun to play around with
- STEM-focused education that focuses on helping students develop important 21st century skills
- Regular communication, so parents can stay in the know about each week’s topics and what students learned