Sylvan’s Robotics for Kids programs in Vernon take after-school learning to a new and exciting level! Each week, your child will learn how to construct and animate a new LEGO® robot while acquiring vital engineering and science abilities throughout the process — it’s super fun! Our cutting edge-courses are perfect for keeping your child inspired, engaged and having fun outside of school. They're also a great way to empower young programmers or engineers to get on the right path to success by developing critical 21st century skills.
Advance Your Child’s Skill Set
Having a 21st century skill set is an essential asset for kids of all ages as career paths in STEM areas (science, technology, engineering and math) continue to expand. That’s why you’ll be happy to know that our Robotics for Kids courses in Vernon have been specially developed to challenge and motivate students in elementary and middle school to get to grips with modern-day competencies like computer programming and problem solving — all without skimping on fun, of course! Teaming up with a friend, your child will get to grips with user-friendly technology to create a diverse range of robots — a challenge that will help him or her master practical STEM concepts, have fun and gain major confidence in the process.▼
Be Part of an Exciting Process!
Kids of every age have a great time immersing themselves in our Robotics for Kids courses — no previous experience required! Parents are involved too, receiving detailed updates every step of the way. That includes sending you weekly communications to share student progress, recap STEM concepts learned and preview next week’s project. There are also wrap-up tasks and reinforcement tools for each session, helping kids consolidate the skills learned in class — and share amazing accomplishments with friends and family!
Our Robotics Programs Offer:
- A small group setting with no more than 12 students per class, so you can expect your child to receive personal attention
- Exciting, interactive projects that turn learning into a memorable experience
- The camaraderie of partnering with a buddy to develop and animate a new LEGO® robot every week
- Easy-to-use software that’s a blast to tinker with
- STEM curriculum that is devised to equip students with a 21st century skill set
- Ongoing communication, so parents are kept in the loop throughout the duration of the program