After-school education is now more exciting than ever with Sylvan’s Robotics for Kids courses in Surrey! Your child will enjoy hands-on experiences building and programming LEGO® robots while gaining vital science and engineering skills along the way — and on top of that, it’s a total blast! Our courses are an excellent way to inspire and motivate your child — and keep him or her engaged outside of school. On top of that, our programs help equip your up-and-coming programmer or engineer with 21st century skills that can give him or her a real advantage in the future.
Essential Skills for Future Success
There are more and more career opportunities in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math), which means a 21st century skill set is an essential asset. Fortunately, we've designed our fun-filled Robotics for Kids courses in Surrey to empower kids in elementary and middle school to learn computer programming, logic, problem solving and other modern skills. Working with a friend, your child will use interactive technology to design and program an assortment of robots, acquiring key STEM competencies and boosting confidence along the way.▼
Courses Both Kids and Parents Will Appreciate
Kids of all ages love diving into our Robotics for Kids programs: no previous experience or knowledge necessary! Parents are also big fans of our courses because we keep them up-to-date throughout. That includes weekly communications that update you on your child's progress, explore the STEM concepts covered that week and preview upcoming projects. We also provide reinforcement tools and wrap-up activities at the end of each class, helping kids consolidate their learning and share their impressive achievements with friends and family!
Features of our Robotics Courses include:
- Personal attention and small class sizes, with no more than 12 students per session
- Cool, hands-on projects that make learning a fun and exciting experience
- The camaraderie of collaborating with a partner to construct and animate a variety of LEGO® robots
- Easy-to-learn software that’s fun to play around with
- STEM-focused education that focuses on helping students develop important 21st century skills
- Regular communication, so parents can stay in the know about each week’s topics and what students learned