Learning is now cooler than ever thanks to Sylvan’s Robotics for Kids courses in Nanaimo! Your child will enjoy hands-on experiences building and programming LEGO® robots while gaining vital science and engineering skills along the way — and on top of that, it’s a total blast! These interactive programs make it easy to keep your child motivated, inspired and engaged outside of the classroom environment. They’re also the ideal preparation for future programmers and engineers who want to get on the path to career success in the 21st century.
Enhance Your Child’s Skill Set
It’s no secret that careers in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) are on the rise, which makes it all the more crucial to ensure your son or daughter is equipped with important 21st century competencies. Fortunately, we've designed our fun-filled Robotics for Kids courses in Nanaimo to empower kids in elementary and middle school to learn computer programming, logic, problem solving and other modern skills. Working with a partner and using kid-friendly software, your child will learn how to build and program a number of robots, developing practical STEM skills and boosting confidence along the way.▼
Stay up to Speed with Your Child's Progress!
Kids of every age have a great time immersing themselves in our Robotics for Kids courses — no previous experience required! Parents are involved too, receiving detailed updates every step of the way. . That includes weekly communications that explain student progress, summarize relevant STEM concepts and look ahead to the next project. With our reinforcement tools and wrap-up sessions, your child will consolidate the skills and knowledge he or she has gained — and share his or her achievements with you!
Our Robotics Courses Come Complete With:
- Small groups and personalized attention (only 12 students or fewer per class)
- Interactive and collaborative activities that make learning fun!
- The friendships that flourish as students partner up to build and animate LEGO® robots together
- Kid-friendly software that’s fun to play around with
- A unique STEM curriculum that focuses on equipping students with a practical, relevant skill set
- Weekly communication, so parents stay informed throughout the course