Get ready for big-time fun with Sylvan’s Robotics for Kids courses in Maple Ridge. Your child will have a blast as he or she builds LEGO® robots and masters key concepts in science and engineering! These programs provide the ideal way to help your child stay interested, engaged and motivated outside of school. In addition, they empower budding programmers or engineers to get a head start on critical 21st century skills that are becoming increasingly important for career success.
Power Up Your Child’s Skill Set
Career opportunities in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) are growing, so it's smart to ensure your child gains a 21st century skill set at an early age. Fortunately, we've designed our fun-filled Robotics for Kids courses in Maple Ridge to empower kids in elementary and middle school to learn computer programming, logic, problem solving and other modern skills. Your child will work with a buddy to build robots using kid-friendly technology — a process that helps kids learn useful STEM concepts and build confidence.▼
Kids of all ages need no previous knowledge or experience of programming to enjoy our innovative programs! Parents are fans too because we make sure to keep them fully updated at every stage. That includes sending you weekly communications to share student progress, recap STEM concepts learned and preview next week’s project. Your child will also receive reinforcement tools at the end of each class, allowing him or her to boost the skills developed in class — and to share with you all the fun new things he or she learned!
Features of our Robotics Courses include:
- A small group setting with no more than 12 students per class, so you can expect your child to receive personal attention
- Exciting, interactive projects that turn learning into a memorable experience
- The camaraderie of partnering with a buddy to develop and animate a new LEGO® robot every week
- Easy-to-use software that’s a blast to tinker with
- STEM curriculum that is devised to equip students with a 21st century skill set
- Ongoing communication, so parents are kept in the loop throughout the duration of the program