After-school education is now more exciting than ever with Sylvan’s Robotics for Kids courses in Langley! Your son or daughter will gain valuable science and engineering skills while learning how to build and animate a new LEGO® robot every week — it’s an amazing time! These programs provide the ideal way to help your child stay interested, engaged and motivated outside of school. Our programs also give your child a real edge for the future by equipping him or her with vital 21st century competencies.
Power Up Your Child’s Skill Set
There are more and more career opportunities in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math), which means a 21st century skill set is an essential asset. That's why our Robotics for Kids courses in Langley are challenging and support kids as they master relevant modern-day skills including computer programming and problem solving. Working with a buddy, your child will use kid-friendly technology to build and program a variety of cool robots, learning practical STEM concepts and building major confidence in the process.▼
Parents are Involved Too!
Our Robotics for Kids programs are a blast for kids of all ages and abilities: no previous experience is needed! Parents also relish our programs because we keep them in the know at all stages. This means providing you with weekly communications that contain student progress reports, a recap of the robotics and STEM skills that were taught in class and a look at next week’s project. Your child will also benefit from using reinforcement tools after each class, allowing him or her to hone the skills he or she built upon in class — and to show off all of his or her incredible successes with you!
Features of our Robotics Courses include:
- Personal attention in a small group setting (no more than 12 students per class)
- Fun, hands-on activities that transform education into an unforgettable experience
- The camaraderie of working with a partner to build and animate a new LEGO® robot each week
- Kid-friendly software that’s easy to learn and fun to use!
- STEM-focused learning that’s designed to equip students with a valuable skill set
- Regular communication, so parents are kept up-to-speed throughout the course