Learning is now cooler than ever thanks to Sylvan’s Robotics for Kids courses in Colwood! Your child will love learning how to build and animate a new LEGO® robot each session while developing valuable science and engineering competencies along the way — it’s a complete blast! These programs are tailored to ensure kids stay motivated, interested and challenged beyond the classroom. In addition, they empower budding programmers or engineers to get a head start on critical 21st century skills that are becoming increasingly important for career success.
Power Up Your Child’s Skill Set
It’s no secret that careers in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) are on the rise, which makes it all the more crucial to ensure your son or daughter is equipped with important 21st century competencies. Fortunately, our Robotics for Kids courses in Colwood are designed to challenge and inspire kids in elementary and middle school to master critical modern-day skills like computer programming and problem solving without skimping on fun. Working with a partner and using kid-friendly software, your child will learn how to build and program a number of robots, developing practical STEM skills and boosting confidence along the way.▼
Take Part in the Experience!
Kids of every age have a great time immersing themselves in our Robotics for Kids courses — no previous experience required! Parents also enjoy our programs because we ensure they’re informed each step of the way. . That includes weekly communications that explain student progress, summarize relevant STEM concepts and look ahead to the next project. Your child will also get reinforcement tools for each session in order to strengthen the skills he or she learned in class — and to share his or her amazing accomplishments with you!
Here’s What Sets our Robotics Programs Apart:
- Personal attention in a small group setting (no more than 12 students per class)
- Fun, hands-on activities that transform education into an unforgettable experience
- The camaraderie of working with a partner to build and animate a new LEGO® robot each week
- Kid-friendly software that’s easy to learn and fun to use!
- STEM-focused learning that’s designed to equip students with a valuable skill set
- Regular communication, so parents are kept up-to-speed throughout the course