Learning is now cooler than ever thanks to Sylvan’s Robotics for Kids courses in Colwood! Your child will get to grips with critical science and engineering concepts by designing, building and animating a new LEGO® robot every week — it doesn't get much cooler than that! These programs are specially designed to keep kids engaged and inspired outside of the classroom. They also offer the advantage of equipping your aspiring engineer or programmer with key 21st century abilities that can help enrich his or her prospects for the future.
Essential Skills for Future Success
With STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) careers growing so quickly, there’s no better time to equip your son or daughter with increasingly vital 21st century skills. That's the reason we provide Robotics for Kids courses in Colwood that challenge kids in elementary and middle school to fulfil their potential by mastering modern skills like computer programming, logic and problem solving. Working with a friend, your child will use interactive technology to design and program an assortment of robots, acquiring key STEM competencies and boosting confidence along the way.▼
Our Programs are Fun for Parents Too!
Our Robotics for Kids programs are a blast for kids of all ages and abilities: no previous experience is needed! Parents also get to benefit because we provide them with regular updates throughout. That includes weekly communications that update you on your child's progress, explore the STEM concepts covered that week and preview upcoming projects. Your child will also get reinforcement tools for each session in order to strengthen the skills he or she learned in class — and to share his or her amazing accomplishments with you!
Fun Awaits! Our Robotics Courses Include:
- Personal attention and small class sizes, with no more than 12 students per session
- Cool, hands-on projects that make learning a fun and exciting experience
- The camaraderie of collaborating with a partner to construct and animate a variety of LEGO® robots
- Easy-to-learn software that’s fun to play around with
- STEM-focused education that focuses on helping students develop important 21st century skills
- Regular communication, so parents can stay in the know about each week’s topics and what students learned