A reading tutor in West Vancouver could be exactly what your child needs to boost his or her reading skills, confidence and results in the classroom! Whether your child is falling behind, needs extra practice to stay on track or wants to get ahead of the pack, our tutors can provide the targeted support he or she needs to succeed.
Focused Learning for Big Results
We know that reading tutoring is not a one-size-fits-all type of thing, so we provide several different approaches according to your child's unique needs. Once we pinpoint your child’s current level, we can identify the most appropriate path to take to ensure he or she is getting great results.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child has reading scores below his or her grade level, this program provides the hands-on support he or she needs. Here's what makes our Personalized Tutoring different:
- Success in school and at homework time. We guarantee progress!
- The exact support your child needs. The results of our comprehensive reading assessment allow us to pinpoint what your child needs to improve fluency, comprehension and reading competence.
- Higher confidence and full support. Our certified reading tutors know how to adjust your child’s personalized learning plan so reading is challenging and fun — not frustrating.
- Competitive rates. Our hourly rates are comparable to other tutoring companies and private tutors, so getting the best reading help for your family is affordable.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is designed for children who need extra support with reading homework and tests and to stay on course for good results in the classroom. Here is what you’ll get with Academic Coaching:
- Proactive tutoring to build on and sharpen reading comprehension skills, keep up with homework and get ahead in class
- Learning sessions that include skill practice, homework help, and test prep tips, all designed to meet your child’s needs
- A school-aligned curriculum that makes a big impact in class performance
- Affordable monthly packages that satisfy your needs and budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your child is on the fast track but could benefit from guidance navigating a heavy course load, Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course can help your teen successfully prepare for and excel at accelerated homework and university-level classes. This program offers:
- Greater confidence (and a lot less stress) when it comes to tackling large workloads.
- Efficiency at completing challenging reading assignments.
- Better time management for managing homework tasks and preparing for tests with significant reading components, such as the SAT and ACT.
- Higher scores on classwork, tests and on university entrance exams, as well as good preparation for university workloads and expectations.
- Affordable hourly rates.
Sign Up Now to Enjoy Our Special Offer!
Get started today for only $95 for a limited time. The Sylvan Insight™ Assessment helps to identify your child's unique requirements so that our expert tutors can focus on the right areas for greater success. Get in touch with us today and we can discuss your needs and how we can help.