It's not always easy to juggle school-related responsibilities like homework, university prep, advanced classes and extracurricular activities — not to mention socializing! Help ensure your teen or pre-teen is prepared to handle his or her increasingly hectic schedule with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Vancouver region. We have carefully designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, concentrating on “higher order” thinking skills including academic planning, strategic planning and expectation management These skills can make a lasting impact in the classroom, in university and in future careers. Find out how our tutoring experts in the Vancouver region can help your son or daughter achieve goals and conquer any workload.
Our Comprehensive Approach
You might be used to helping your child with a math problem or English essay, but teaching effective study skills and habits is not so easy. Using a variety of study tips, tactics and strategies, our tutors in the Vancouver region focus on practical skills that can be used in school and beyond: how to be more organized, how to plan projects, how to achieve goals, and more.▼
Boosting Skills and Confidence
Achieving academic success is one thing, but there's more to succeeding at school than exams and assignments alone. This is why our study skills tutors in the Vancouver region take the bigger picture into account. Our program has been developed to focus on successfully preparing your son or daughter for the heavier workloads and expectations ahead. This includes diving into proven goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied in a variety of situations.
Our study skills program teaches strategies for smart studying, including:
- Time management for effectively managing time and schoolwork.
- Strategic planning for setting short-term and long term-goals.
- Academic planning for mapping out and tracking long-term projects.
- Better organization for tackling coursework, optimizing a personal study area, setting personal expectations and utilizing an academic planner.
- How to use active listening.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- Getting to understand university admissions requirements, including the university admission essay.
- Job interviewing techniques and how to write an impactful cover letter and resume.