Juggling academic responsibilities like schoolwork, essays, university prep and after school activities — not to mention a social life — can certainly be challenging! Fortunately, our study skills program in the Vancouver region is here to help your teen or pre-teen take on his or her busy schedule with confidence. We have carefully designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, concentrating on “higher order” thinking skills including academic planning, strategic planning and expectation management After all, equipping your child with effective study skills can translate into greater success in the classroom, in university and in future careers. Get in touch with us today to learn more about how our tutoring experts in the Vancouver region can help your child fulfill goals and tackle any workload.
Our Unique Approach
While you may be familiar with helping your child with a spelling question or a science fair project, equipping him or her with effective study skills and techniques may not come as easy. Rest assured our skilled tutors in the Vancouver region use a range of study strategies to equip your child with practical skills that can be applied in school, in university and beyond: organizational tactics, time management techniques, academic planning tips and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Boosting Skills and Confidence
Achieving academic success is one thing, but there's more to succeeding at school than exams and assignments alone. This is the reason our study skills tutors in the Vancouver region consider the bigger picture. We've designed our program to ensure your son or daughter is fully prepared for the growing workloads and expectations ahead. This includes diving into proven goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied in a variety of situations.
Our study skills program will teach your child effective studying strategies including:
- Time management competencies for efficiently managing schedules and coursework.
- Strategic and academic planning in order to set and accomplish short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organizational abilities for streamlining schoolwork, arranging a personal study area, setting personal expectations and using an academic planner.
- Learning how to identify teacher expectations and use active listening.
- Getting to grips with university admissions requirements, including the university admission essay.
- Job interview tips and how to write a great resume and cover letter.