It's not always easy to juggle school-related responsibilities like homework, university prep, advanced classes and extracurricular activities — not to mention socializing! But with Sylvan's study skills program in the Vancouver region, you can help your teen or pre teen prepare for an exciting yet challenging time in his or her life. Tailored to students in grades 4-12, our study skills program aims to equip your child with important "higher order" thinking skills and strategies like academic planning, time management and resume preparation. Equipping your child with these skills can help make a big impact not only in school and university, but also in future careers. Get in touch with us today to learn more about how our tutoring experts in the Vancouver region can help your child fulfill goals and tackle any workload.
Our Comprehensive Approach
While you may have experience helping your child with a spelling question or math problem, teaching him or her effective study skills and strategies is not always as straightforward. Using a combination of study strategies, tactics and tips, our tutoring experts in the Vancouver region pay special attention to concrete skills that can be used in the classroom and beyond: how to organize schoolwork, efficiently manage time, set short-term and long-term goals, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
What We Offer
Achieving academic success is one thing, but there's more to succeeding at school than exams and assignments alone. That's why our study skills experts in the Vancouver region keep the big picture in mind. Our program is devised to ensure your child is well prepared and properly equipped for the mounting workloads and expectations ahead. This involves teaching strategies for setting goals and equipping students with study tips that can be used over and over again.
Our study skills program will teach your child effective studying strategies including:
- Time management to successfully manage schedules and schoolwork.
- Academic and strategic planning to set concrete short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organization to create an orderly study area and better tackle schoolwork.
- Performance management to set personal expectations and use an academic planner.
- Expectation management for successfully identifying teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding and tackling university admissions requirements, including the university essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including crafting and effective resume and cover letter, and practicing interview questions.