Finding a reading tutor in the Vancouver region you can rely on can make a big difference when it comes to helping your child improve his or her reading skills, build confidence and getting real results inside and outside the classroom. If your child is starting to fall behind, needs extra practice or is just looking to get ahead, our tutors can provide the kind of guidance he or she needs to succeed.
Sylvan offers a number of approaches to reading tutoring to ensure your child is getting the attention he or she needs to progress. First, we’ll identify your child’s current reading level and then we’ll recommend a program that will lead him or her to success.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is struggling to keep up with reading level expectations and needs help to catch up and build confidence, this program can help. Our intensive reading tutoring aims to help your son or daughter gain and master the essential skills to get in line with grade level. With our Personalized Tutoring, you can expect:
- Success in class and beyond. Class and homework time will be a breeze.
- More personalized support. We use the results of a reading assessment to determine the approach your child needs to improve fluency and comprehension.
- More confidence and guidance. Our expert reading tutors will constantly tweak your child’s personalized learning plan to keep it challenging—not frustrating!
- The skills to achieve success. With our school-aligned curriculum, your child will be learning things that apply directly to the classroom.
- Affordable rates. With our rates, you’ll feel confident you’re getting the best reading help for your family.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is a good fit for kids who would benefit from extra practice to conquer the reading component of assignments and tests. Here’s what you can expect with Academic Coaching:
- A proactive tutoring approach that ensures your child is developing strong reading comprehension skills for completing homework and in-class assignments.
- Learning sessions that zero in on your child’s needs with homework help, skill practice and prepping for tests.
- School-aligned lessons that relate directly to what your child is learning in class.
- Interactive activities to encourage hands-on practice to develop an understanding of different kinds of material.
- Budget-friendly rates with monthly packages that are affordable.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
If your child is on the fast track and/or needs support managing a tough workload, completing reading-heavy assignments or preparing for important tests, this program can make a big difference. Make sure your teen is keeping up with advanced coursework and excelling in university-level classes with Sylvan’s Advanced Skills course. With this program, you’ll notice:
- More confidence to tackle big workloads
- More efficient reading skills for completing assignments in advanced classes
- Improved time management skills to complete homework and study for tests that include a large reading component — including the SAT and ACT
- Better scores on homework assignments, tests, and on university entrance exams
- Preparation for the high expectations of university workloads
- Competitive hourly rates
Ready to Get Started?
Get started today for only $95 for a limited time. The Sylvan Insight™ Assessment is a wonderful way to both pinpoint your child's strengths and identify skill areas that need improvement. Give us a call or fill out or form to get in touch so we can discuss your requirements and how we can help.