It isn’t always simple to stay on top of academic responsibilities like homework and essays while juggling extracurricular activities, university preparation and a social life at the same time. But with Sylvan's study skills program in the Kelowna Kamloops region, you can help your teen or pre teen prepare for an exciting yet challenging time in his or her life. We have carefully designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, concentrating on “higher order” thinking skills including academic planning, strategic planning and expectation management These skills will not only help set your child on the path to success in high school and university, but they can also carry forward into his or her personal and professional life. Get to know how our expert tutors in the Kelowna Kamloops region can help your son or daughter accomplish goals and take on any workload confidently.
Practical Learning for Real Results
While you might be used to assisting your son or daughter with a math puzzle or an art project, teaching him or her valuable study skills and strategies may be new to you. Using a number of different study strategies and techniques, our tutoring specialists in the Kelowna Kamloops region concentrate on important skills that can be applied in the classroom and beyond: time management, organization, strategic planning, academic planning and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
What to Expect
There’s much more to achieving academic success than receiving a good grade on an assignment or an exam. This is why our study skills tutors in the Kelowna Kamloops region take the bigger picture into account. Our program aims to ensure your child is ready for the increasing workloads and expectations to come in university. This involves teaching effective study strategies and goal-setting techniques that can be put to work time and again.
Our study skills program focuses on techniques for smarter studying, including:
- Time management to efficiently manage time and workloads.
- Strategic planning and academic planning to set both short-term and long-term goals and projects.
- How to effectively organize schoolwork and a personal study area, set personal expectations and use an academic planner.
- Identifying teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Navigating university admissions requirements, including the university admission essay.
- How to interview for a job and write an effective resume and cover letter.