Progressing through school means bigger workloads and tougher assignments, but there is a way to help your child take on these challenges and fulfill his or her potential. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in St. Albert, your child will spend time learning effective time management and exam prep strategies that will put them on the right track towards successful university applications. It's a great way to find out how to get the better of any "to do" list. Our study skills program not only helps improve academic performance — it also builds valuable organizational skills that extend into the real world. Our study skills experts are dedicated to preparing your child for success in school and beyond.
Tailored to be More Personal
There is no "one-size-fits-all" way to develop important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, anything from exam preparation, assignment planning to active listening skills could be needed to maximize all-round academic performance. At Sylvan, we assess each student's needs to ensure our sessions are not only relevant but personalized, focusing on the most effective ways to study better, boost grades and gain confidence.▼
Tutors That Make a Difference
So what can you expect when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in St. Albert? Our tutoring experts will teach practical study and organizational skills that can be used in school and throughout life. That includes advice on how to make test preparation and project planning more manageable. Our main goal is to instill a positive attitude, making sure we take the time to recognize students for the progress they make during each session.
Our study skills program includes:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.