As your child gets older, school workloads will grow and assignment difficulty will increase — but it’s possible for your child to confidently take on new challenges. Register your child for Sylvan's study skills program in Spruce Grove and we'll help him or her manage time better, prepare for exams effectively and even start laying the groundwork for a great university application. It’s the ideal way to foster positive habits for managing even the most extensive “to do” list. After all, we emphasize practical organizational skills as part of our study skills program in addition to proven academic techniques. Our study skills experts are dedicated to preparing your child for success in school and beyond.
An Approach Tailored to Your Child
No two adolescents have identical learning styles — and that includes how they develop those essential “higher order” thinking skills. From exam preparation to advanced research and active listening skills, a number of factors have to be considered in order to maximize all-round academic performance. At Sylvan, we’ll spend time understanding each student’s personal needs and learning style in order to make sure they get the most out of every session, building confidence and better study skills along the way.▼
Tutors You Can Count On
So what can you expect when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Spruce Grove? Our tutoring experts will instill life-long study skills that will pay dividends far beyond school. That includes sharing study tips that will make assignments, projects and tests much more manageable. We also reinforce positive habits and attitudes, recognizing students for every skill they learn and milestone they reach.
Our program at a glance:
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process.