Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. With our study skills program in Sherwood Park, you can help your son or daughter develop better time management skills, learn more effective exam preparation methods and even lay the groundwork for a compelling university application. It’s an excellent way to encourage the best habits for staying on top of even the longest “to do” list. Our study skills program focuses on more than academic best practices — it also builds positive organizational habits that last a lifetime. That's how our experts tee up Sherwood Park students for real success at school — and beyond.
A Tailored Approach with a Personal Touch
School students have different needs when it comes to honing transferable "higher order" thinking skills. Whether they need assistance with exam prep, assignment planning, research methods or improving their active listening skills, we have it covered. That's why our sessions are tailored to be personal and relevant, equipping students with the tools they need to be effective, confident learners.▼
An Immediate and Long-Lasting Difference
So what happens once your son or daughter is registered for our study skills program in Sherwood Park? You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes study tips that reveal how to make assignments and exams less intimidating and more manageable. We also acknowledge each and every milestone students reach, which helps to ensure they continue using their new-found habits, skills and attitudes.
What your child will take away from our study skills program:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.