Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. Thanks to Sylvan’s study skills programs in Sherwood Park, your child will develop better time management and exam preparation skills while also getting ready for future university applications. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects. But our study skills program doesn’t just encourage academic success — it also improves organizational habits that students will put to good use outside of the classroom. That’s how our experts prepare students in Sherwood Park for success an all facets of their lives.
An Approach Tailored to Your Child
School students have different needs when it comes to honing transferable "higher order" thinking skills. Anything from help with exam preparation, assignment planning and research techniques to developing advanced active listening skills for maximizing in-class learning could be required. That's why our sessions are tailored to be personal and relevant, equipping students with the tools they need to be effective, confident learners.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
An Immediate and Long-Lasting Difference
Wondering what to expect when you register your son or daughter in one of our study skills programs in Sherwood Park? You'll learn that our tutors are skilled at teaching effective habits that your child will be able to rely on in the classroom and beyond. That includes revealing methods to take the intimidation factor out of assignments, projects and tests. We also help students foster their newly acquired habits and attitudes, recognizing each milestone reached and every skill mastered.
Our study skills program has it all:
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the university admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.
Start Now and Save