Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. Sylvan’s study skills programs in Sherwood Park make teaching solid time management and exam prep methods a top priority so your child is better prepared for upcoming university applications. It’s the perfect way to build an understanding of how to manage even the longest “to do” list. After all, our study skills program focuses on practical organizational skills as well as proven academic techniques. That's how our study skills experts are helping Sherwood Park students get on the path to success in the classroom and beyond.
An Approach Tailored to Your Child
Different students have different needs when it comes to mastering those critically important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, anything from exam preparation, assignment planning to active listening skills could be needed to maximize all-round academic performance. At Sylvan, adapting to each student’s unique needs is a priority so we’re able to provide relevant and personalized sessions that focus on practical study tips for boosting grades and building confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Make a Difference
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in Sherwood Park, what can you expect next? Our tutoring experts will impart study skills that are not only applicable in school but can also be used throughout life. That includes revealing methods to take the intimidation factor out of assignments, projects and tests. We also help students nurture positive habits, recognizing every skill mastered and every milestone reached.
Our study skills program offers:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.