As your child gets older, school workloads will grow and assignment difficulty will increase — but it’s possible for your child to confidently take on new challenges. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in Red Deer, your child will spend time learning effective time management and exam prep strategies that will put them on the right track towards successful university applications. It’s an excellent way to encourage the best habits for staying on top of even the longest “to do” list. In addition to focusing on effective techniques for academic success, our study skills program also gives students foundation of organizational skills they can take out into the real world. That's how we make sure children and teens in Red Deer and beyond are well prepared to succeed.
Tailored to be More Personal
No two adolescents have identical learning styles — and that includes how they develop those essential “higher order” thinking skills. We offer everything from assistance with exam preparation and assignment planning to research strategies and techniques for developing better active listening skills. That's why our sessions are tailored to be personal and relevant, equipping students with the tools they need to be effective, confident learners.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Make a Difference
Register your child in one of our study skills programs in Red Deer and you can expect nothing but positive changes. Our tutoring experts will teach practical skills for studying and organizing that can be used in and beyond the classroom. They will also provide useful tips for improving test preparation as well as assignment and project planning. We also help students nurture positive habits, recognizing every skill mastered and every milestone reached.
Our study skills program at a glance:
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the university admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.