As your child progresses through school, the workloads get bigger and the assignments get tougher — but there is a way to take on these challenges with confidence and ease. With Sylvan's study skills programs in Red Deer, you can help your child manage his or her time better, prepare for exams more effectively and lay the groundwork for a successful university application. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects. Our study skills program focuses on more than academic best practices — it also builds positive organizational habits that last a lifetime. That’s how our experts prepare students in Red Deer for success an all facets of their lives.
A Tailored, Personal Approach
School students have different needs when it comes to honing transferable "higher order" thinking skills. Developing strategies for more effective exam preparation, assignment planning and active listening in the classroom are all essential to long-term success. At Sylvan, we take each student’s unique learning style into consideration to make sure our sessions are relevant as well as personalized, zeroing in on the most beneficial ways to study, leading to better grades and more confidence.▼
Our Tutors Make a Difference
So what happens once your son or daughter is registered for our study skills program in Red Deer? Our tutoring experts will focus on teaching useful, life-long study skills that can be applied towards greater achievements in class and beyond. That includes tips for managing exam preparation and project planning more effectively. We also focus on fostering a positive attitude towards education by making sure to acknowledge every student’s accomplishments on a regular basis.
Our study skills program offers:
- Guidance towards effective planning and time management strategies.
- Tips for more efficient note-taking like using flash cards.
- Reading comprehension techniques that will improve ability to understand and retain information.
- Research best practices for finding quality online sources and sharing digital information as responsibly as possible.
- Advice for improving written communication skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies cover different types of questions and help manage nerves.
- Guidance through the university admissions process and tips for preparing for job interviews.
- Handy scheduling options that will make it easier to fit in all your priorities.