As your child progresses through school, the workloads get bigger and the assignments get tougher — but there is a way to take on these challenges with confidence and ease. Thanks to Sylvan’s study skills programs in Okotoks, your child will develop better time management and exam preparation skills while also getting ready for future university applications. It’s the perfect way to build an understanding of how to manage even the longest “to do” list. But our study skills program doesn’t just encourage academic success — it also improves organizational habits that students will put to good use outside of the classroom. That's how we help Okotoks pre-teens and teens prepare to succeed in the classroom and beyond.
Tailored to be More Personal
No two students are exactly the same when it comes to learning those all important “higher order” thinking skills. In fact, a combination of techniques are needed to ensure the best possible academic performance, including advanced research skills, assignment planning and the ability to use active listening in class. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors You Can Count On
So what happens next once you've registered your son or daughter for our study skills program in Okotoks? Our tutors will be there to encourage positive study and concentration skills that will last a lifetime. That includes study tips that reveal how to make assignments and exams less intimidating and more manageable. We also help students foster their newly acquired habits and attitudes, recognizing each milestone reached and every skill mastered.
Our study skills program includes:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!