As your child continues to progress through each grade, workloads and assignments will become tougher to manage — but there are strategies for conquering new challenges with ease. Register your child for Sylvan's study skills program in Okotoks and we'll help him or her manage time better, prepare for exams effectively and even start laying the groundwork for a great university application. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists. In addition to focusing on effective techniques for academic success, our study skills program also gives students foundation of organizational skills they can take out into the real world. Our instructors know exactly how to set students in Okotoks up for future success.
An Approach Tailored to Your Child
Not all students learn those essential “higher order” thinking skills the same way. From exam preparation to advanced research and active listening skills, a number of factors have to be considered in order to maximize all-round academic performance. That's why we personalize our sessions to make sure each student has the support and guidance to study more effectively, boost grades and gain more confidence.▼
Our Tutors Can Help Make a Difference
So what can you expect when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Okotoks? Our tutoring experts will focus on teaching useful, life-long study skills that can be applied towards greater achievements in class and beyond. That includes sharing study tips that will make assignments, projects and tests much more manageable. We also help students foster their newly acquired habits and attitudes, recognizing each milestone reached and every skill mastered.
Take a closer look at our study skills program:
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process.