Progressing through school means bigger workloads and tougher assignments, but there is a way to help your child take on these challenges and fulfill his or her potential. Sylvan’s study skills programs in Medicine Hat make teaching solid time management and exam prep methods a top priority so your child is better prepared for upcoming university applications. It's a great way to gain the skills needed to balance even the longest "to do" list. After all, our study skills program isn't only focused on academics: it emphasizes all-round organizational tools and techniques as well. That's how we make sure children and teens in Medicine Hat and beyond are well prepared to succeed.
Tailored to Fit Individual Needs
Not all students learn those essential “higher order” thinking skills the same way. In fact, a combination of techniques are needed to ensure the best possible academic performance, including advanced research skills, assignment planning and the ability to use active listening in class. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
Getting into the Right Habits
So what happens once your son or daughter is registered for our study skills program in Medicine Hat? You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes sharing study tips that will make assignments, projects and tests much more manageable. We also recognize every milestone reached, encouraging students to continue fostering their new habits, skills and attitudes.
Our study skills program includes:
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the university admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.