The older your child gets, the more difficult and demanding school assignments are going to become — but that just means he or she will have to develop the skills to conquer every new challenge that comes along. Register your child for Sylvan’s study skills programs in Medicine Hat, and he or she will learn better time management and exam prep strategies and start laying the groundwork for future university applications. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists. After all, our study skills program isn't only focused on academics: it emphasizes all-round organizational tools and techniques as well. Our instructors know exactly how to set students in Medicine Hat up for future success.
A Tailored, Personal Approach
School students have different needs when it comes to honing transferable "higher order" thinking skills. Whether they need assistance with exam prep, assignment planning, research methods or improving their active listening skills, we have it covered. That's why we assess each student's needs to help ensure every session is both relevant and personalized, emphasizing the most effective ways to study, achieve better grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Can Help Make a Difference
So what happens once your son or daughter is registered for our study skills program in Medicine Hat? Our tutoring experts will teach practical study and organizational skills that can be used in school and throughout life. That includes advice on how to make test preparation and project planning more manageable. We also reinforce positive habits and attitudes, recognizing students for every skill they learn and milestone they reach.
Our study skills program at a glance:
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process.