As your child advances through each grade, the difficulty and frequency of assignments is going to increase — but learning how to conquer new challenges with ease is possible. Register your child for Sylvan’s study skills programs in Medicine Hat, and he or she will learn better time management and exam prep strategies and start laying the groundwork for future university applications. It's a great way to gain the skills needed to balance even the longest "to do" list. Our study skills program not only helps improve academic performance — it also builds valuable organizational skills that extend into the real world. That's how we make sure children and teens in Medicine Hat and beyond are well prepared to succeed.
Relevant and Personalized
Different students have different needs when it comes to mastering those critically important "higher order" thinking skills. Anything from help with exam preparation, assignment planning and research techniques to developing advanced active listening skills for maximizing in-class learning could be required. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors You Can Count On
So what can you expect when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Medicine Hat? Our tutoring experts will focus on teaching useful, life-long study skills that can be applied towards greater achievements in class and beyond. That includes revealing methods to take the intimidation factor out of assignments, projects and tests. We also reinforce positive habits and attitudes, recognizing students for every skill they learn and milestone they reach.
Our study skills program at a glance:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety. How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the university admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.
Start Now and Save