As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. Sylvan's study skills program in Lethbridge is designed to help students improve their time management, learn how to prepare for tests and successfully prepare for challenges to come. It’s an excellent way to encourage the best habits for staying on top of even the longest “to do” list.
A Tailored, Personal Approach
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. That's why we assess each student's needs to help ensure every session is both relevant and personalized, emphasizing the most effective ways to study, achieve better grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Can Help Make a Difference
So what happens once your son or daughter is registered for our study skills program in Lethbridge? Our tutoring experts will teach practical skills for studying and organizing that can be used in and beyond the classroom. That includes sharing techniques that are proven to make exams, projects, assignments and other schoolwork more manageable. We also focus on fostering a positive attitude towards education by making sure to acknowledge every student’s accomplishments on a regular basis.
Our study skills program has it all:
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the university admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.