Want to your to have strong study habits at his or her disposal from a young age? The goal of our Study Skills programs in Lethbridge is to provide your son or daughter with the tools that will help them tackle growing workloads starting in elementary school all the way to university and beyond. If your child is starting to fall behind or is looking for ways to get ahead, our tutors can provide valuable study tips that will encourage growth.
Better Strategies for Studying Smart
With a combination of instruction, independent practice and plenty of opportunities to put developing skills to the test, we can ensure good study habits become a way of life!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Every child has unique needs, which means the process of instilling useful, life-long study skills, and reinforcing positive behaviors and attitudes when it comes to studying won’t be one size fits all. That's why our Personalized Tutoring program takes a comprehensive approach. You can expect the following skill sets to be covered:
- Reading comprehension: Active reading is a useful skill across all subjects
- Time management: Better prioritization and organization skills can add to study skills.
- Research skills: How to focus on a single subject, judge sources and write a proper bibliography.
- Note taking tips: Using color coding and flash cards as aids can help make study time more effective.
- Mastering writing skills: With practice, your child will understand the writing process and how to use it effectively.
- Online safety: How to locate, evaluate and responsibly share digital information.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors can help your teen gain academic skills that are useful well into adulthood, including goal setting, time management, study habits, research techniques and more. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Feel more confident: We teach positive behaviors and attitudes — not just academic skills — to help teens approach new challenges with unshakeable confidence.
- Build the right skills: Choose which areas need attention — such as time management or presentation skills — to ensure we're making the biggest possible difference for your young learner.
- Acquire life-long assets: We're here to provide important career preparation, including job interview techniques and even public speaking!