As your child continues to progress through each grade, workloads and assignments will become tougher to manage — but there are strategies for conquering new challenges with ease. With Sylvan's study skills programs in Grande Prairie, you can help your child manage his or her time better, prepare for exams more effectively and lay the groundwork for a successful university application. It’s the ideal way to foster positive habits for managing even the most extensive “to do” list. In fact, our study skills program doesn't only focus on academic techniques: it builds great all-round organizational habits that last a lifetime. That's how our study skills experts are helping Grande Prairie students get on the path to success in the classroom and beyond.
Tailored to Fit Individual Needs
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. That's why our sessions are tailored to be personal and relevant, equipping students with the tools they need to be effective, confident learners.▼
We're Here to Make a Difference
So what should your expectations be when you register your child for our study skills program in Grande Prairie? Our tutoring experts will instill life-long study skills that will pay dividends far beyond school. That includes revealing methods to take the intimidation factor out of assignments, projects and tests. Our number one focus is nurturing a positive attitude and sustainable habits, making sure to take the time to recognize every student’s progress.
Our study skills program at a glance:
- Time management tips, note-taking techniques and stronger organizational skills.
- Advanced comprehensive strategies, including active reading and active listening.
- Test prep and test day strategies that cover every kind of exam question and reveal how to control anxiety levels.
- How to evaluate sources, write a bibliography, and use digital resources responsibly.
- How to put together a successful university application.
- Resume and cover letter techniques, as well as job interview preparation tips.