As your child makes his or her way through school, it's inevitable that the workloads will become more demanding and the assignments will get tougher — but there is a way to prepare for these growing challenges. Register your child for Sylvan’s study skills programs in Grande Prairie, and he or she will learn better time management and exam prep strategies and start laying the groundwork for future university applications. It's a great way to find out how to get the better of any "to do" list. After all, our study skills program focuses on practical organizational skills as well as proven academic techniques. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills.
Tailored to be More Personal
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. Whether they need assistance with exam prep, assignment planning, research methods or improving their active listening skills, we have it covered. At Sylvan, we assess each student's needs to ensure our sessions are not only relevant but personalized, focusing on the most effective ways to study better, boost grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Getting into the Right Habits
Wondering what you can look forward to once you've registered your child for our study skills program in Grande Prairie? Our tutoring experts will instill life-long study skills that will pay dividends far beyond school. That includes study tips that reveal how to make assignments and exams less intimidating and more manageable. We also focus on fostering a positive attitude towards education by making sure to acknowledge every student’s accomplishments on a regular basis.
Our study skills program has it all:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety. How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the university admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.
Start Now and Save