As your child makes his or her way through school, it's inevitable that the workloads will become more demanding and the assignments will get tougher — but there is a way to prepare for these growing challenges. Sylvan’s study skills programs in Edmonton make teaching solid time management and test prep methods a top priority so your child is better prepared for the challenges that lie ahead. It’s the perfect way to build an understanding of how to manage even the longest “to do” list.
Tailored to be More Personal
There is no "one-size-fits-all" way to develop important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, anything from exam preparation, assignment planning to active listening skills could be needed to maximize all-round academic performance. That's why our sessions are tailored to be personal and relevant, equipping students with the tools they need to be effective, confident learners.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
See the Difference We Can Make
Register your child in one of our study skills programs in Edmonton and you can expect nothing but positive changes. Our experienced tutors will be there to help your child develop study skills that will last a lifetime. They will also provide useful tips for improving test preparation as well as assignment and project planning. We also reinforce positive habits and attitudes, recognizing students for every skill they learn and milestone they reach.
Our study skills program includes:
- Time management tips, note-taking techniques and stronger organizational skills.
- Advanced comprehensive strategies, including active reading and active listening.
- Test prep and test day strategies that cover every kind of exam question and reveal how to control anxiety levels.
- How to evaluate sources, write a bibliography, and use digital resources responsibly.
- How to put together a successful university application.
- Resume and cover letter techniques, as well as job interview preparation tips.