As your child continues to progress through each grade, workloads and assignments will become tougher to manage — but there are strategies for conquering new challenges with ease. Sylvan’s study skills programs in Chestermere make teaching solid time management and exam prep methods a top priority so your child is better prepared for upcoming university applications. It’s an excellent way to encourage the best habits for staying on top of even the longest “to do” list. After all, our study skills program isn't only focused on academics: it emphasizes all-round organizational tools and techniques as well. That's how we help Chestermere pre-teens and teens prepare to succeed in the classroom and beyond.
Our Personal Learning Experience
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. In fact, a combination of techniques are needed to ensure the best possible academic performance, including advanced research skills, assignment planning and the ability to use active listening in class. That's why we take each student's unique needs into consideration, tailoring our sessions to focus on proven ways to study more effectively and boost grades.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
We're Here to Make a Difference
Register your child in one of our study skills programs in Chestermere and you can expect nothing but positive changes. Our experienced tutors will be there to help your child develop study skills that will last a lifetime. That includes tips for making completing assignments and studying for tests that much easier. Our main goal is to instill a positive attitude, making sure we take the time to recognize students for the progress they make during each session.
What your child will take away from our study skills program:
- Time management tips, note-taking techniques and stronger organizational skills.
- Advanced comprehensive strategies, including active reading and active listening.
- Test prep and test day strategies that cover every kind of exam question and reveal how to control anxiety levels.
- How to evaluate sources, write a bibliography, and use digital resources responsibly.
- How to put together a successful university application.
- Resume and cover letter techniques, as well as job interview preparation tips.