Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. With our study skills program in Chestermere, you can help your son or daughter develop better time management skills, learn more effective test preparation methods and lay the groundwork for conquering the challenges that lie ahead. It's a great way to gain the skills needed to balance even the longest "to do" list.
Relevant and Personalized
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. We offer everything from assistance with exam preparation and assignment planning to research strategies and techniques for developing better active listening skills. At Sylvan, we take each student’s unique learning style into consideration to make sure our sessions are relevant as well as personalized, zeroing in on the most beneficial ways to study, leading to better grades and more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
An Immediate and Long-Lasting Difference
So what can you expect when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Chestermere? Our tutors will be there to encourage positive study and concentration skills that will last a lifetime. They will also provide useful tips for improving test preparation as well as assignment and project planning. Our number one focus is nurturing a positive attitude and sustainable habits, making sure to take the time to recognize every student’s progress.
Our program at a glance:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!