Looking to make sure your child is fostering good study habits early on? With our Study Skills programs in Chestermere are designed to help students achieve their academic potential and manage an increasingly demanding academic workload from elementary school to university and beyond. Whether your child has started to fall behind in class or has the ambition to get ahead, our study tips and techniques are proven to make a big difference.
How to Study Smarter
With a combination of instruction, independent practice and plenty of opportunities to put developing skills to the test, we can ensure good study habits become a way of life!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
We know that every child has unique needs, which means there's no "one size fits all" way to instill practical study skills and reinforce positive behaviors. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring program comes in. Here are the skill sets you can expect to be covered:
- Reading comprehension: Active reading is a useful skill across all subjects
- Time management: Better prioritization and organization skills can add to study skills.
- Research skills: How to focus on a single subject, judge sources and write a proper bibliography.
- Note taking tips: Using color coding and flash cards as aids can help make study time more effective.
- Mastering writing skills: With practice, your child will understand the writing process and how to use it effectively.
- Online safety: How to locate, evaluate and responsibly share digital information.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors know that teaching your teen things like smart study habits, good time management, how to set goals, digital literacy and strong research and writing skills are essential for success well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Focus on the most relevant areas: You choose the skill areas — such as time management or presentation skills — so we can focus on them and make the biggest difference.
- Be more confident when tackling new challenges: We foster positive behaviors so your teen can feel good about overcoming big academic challenges.
- Develop future-ready skills: We help teens work on fundamental skills like public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation.