As your child advances through each grade, the difficulty and frequency of assignments is going to increase — but learning how to conquer new challenges with ease is possible. With our study skills program in Chestermere, you can help your son or daughter develop better time management skills, learn more effective exam preparation methods and even lay the groundwork for a compelling university application. It’s an effective way to nurture the skills to manage any “to do” list. But our study skills program doesn’t just encourage academic success — it also improves organizational habits that students will put to good use outside of the classroom. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills.
A Tailored Approach with a Personal Touch
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. From exam preparation to advanced research and active listening skills, a number of factors have to be considered in order to maximize all-round academic performance. At Sylvan, we take each student’s unique learning style into consideration to make sure our sessions are relevant as well as personalized, zeroing in on the most beneficial ways to study, leading to better grades and more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
We're Here to Make a Difference
So what happens once your son or daughter is registered for our study skills program in Chestermere? You'll learn that our tutors are skilled at teaching effective habits that your child will be able to rely on in the classroom and beyond. That includes tips for making completing assignments and studying for tests that much easier. We also work on encouraging a positive attitude and acknowledging students for every goal and milestone reached.
Our study skills program has it all:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!
Start Now and Save