As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. Register your child for Sylvan’s study skills programs in Chestermere, and he or she will learn better time management and exam prep strategies and start laying the groundwork for future university applications. It’s the ideal way to foster positive habits for managing even the most extensive “to do” list. After all, we emphasize practical organizational skills as part of our study skills program in addition to proven academic techniques. That’s how our experts help prepare students in Chestermere for success in the classroom and beyond.
A Tailored Approach with a Personal Touch
No two students are exactly the same when it comes to learning those all important “higher order” thinking skills. We provide tips for smarter assignment planning and exam preparation as well as effective research strategies and advice on how to improve in-class learning with better active listening skills. At Sylvan, we’ll spend time understanding each student’s personal needs and learning style in order to make sure they get the most out of every session, building confidence and better study skills along the way.▼
Tutors You Can Count On
So what should your expectations be when you register your child for our study skills program in Chestermere? You'll learn that our tutors are skilled at teaching effective habits that your child will be able to rely on in the classroom and beyond. That includes tips for managing exam preparation and project planning more effectively. We also reinforce positive habits and attitudes, recognizing students for every skill they learn and milestone they reach.
Our study skills program offers:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!