Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. Register your child for Sylvan's study skills program in Canmore and we'll help him or her manage time better, prepare for exams effectively and even start laying the groundwork for a great university application. It's a great way to find out how to get the better of any "to do" list. After all, our study skills program focuses on practical organizational skills as well as proven academic techniques. That’s how our experts prepare students in Canmore for success an all facets of their lives.
Relevant and Personalized
Different students have different needs when it comes to mastering those critically important "higher order" thinking skills. We offer everything from assistance with exam preparation and assignment planning to research strategies and techniques for developing better active listening skills. At Sylvan, we assess each student's needs to ensure our sessions are not only relevant but personalized, focusing on the most effective ways to study better, boost grades and gain confidence.▼
An Immediate and Long-Lasting Difference
Wondering what to expect when you register your son or daughter in one of our study skills programs in Canmore? Our tutoring experts will focus on teaching useful, life-long study skills that can be applied towards greater achievements in class and beyond. They will also provide useful tips for improving test preparation as well as assignment and project planning. We also acknowledge each and every milestone students reach, which helps to ensure they continue using their new-found habits, skills and attitudes.
What does our study skills program cover?
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the university admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.