As your child progresses through school, the workloads get bigger and the assignments get tougher — but there is a way to take on these challenges with confidence and ease. Sylvan’s study skills programs in Calgary make teaching solid time management and exam prep methods a top priority so your child is better prepared for upcoming university applications. It’s an excellent way to encourage the best habits for staying on top of even the longest “to do” list. Our study skills program not only helps improve academic performance — it also builds valuable organizational skills that extend into the real world. That’s how our experts prepare students in Calgary for success an all facets of their lives.
A Customized, Personal Approach
Not all students learn those essential “higher order” thinking skills the same way. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. At Sylvan, we assess each student's needs to ensure our sessions are not only relevant but personalized, focusing on the most effective ways to study better, boost grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Make a Difference
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in Calgary, what can you expect next? Our tutoring experts will teach practical skills for studying and organizing that can be used in and beyond the classroom. That includes tips for making completing assignments and studying for tests that much easier. Our number one focus is nurturing a positive attitude and sustainable habits, making sure to take the time to recognize every student’s progress.
Our program at a glance:
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process.