The older your child gets, the more difficult and demanding school assignments are going to become — but that just means he or she will have to develop the skills to conquer every new challenge that comes along. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in Calgary, your child will spend time learning effective time management and test prep strategies and better prepare for the challenges that lie ahead. It’s an excellent way to encourage the best habits for staying on top of even the longest “to do” list.
A Personalized Approach
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, anything from exam preparation, assignment planning to active listening skills could be needed to maximize all-round academic performance. At Sylvan, we assess each student's needs to ensure our sessions are not only relevant but personalized, focusing on the most effective ways to study better, boost grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Teach the Right Habits
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in Calgary, what can you expect next? Our tutoring experts will teach practical study and organizational skills that can be used in school and throughout life. That includes tips for managing exam preparation and project planning more effectively. Our main goal is to instill a positive attitude, making sure we take the time to recognize students for the progress they make during each session.
What does our study skills program cover?
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the university admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.