Progressing through school means bigger workloads and tougher assignments, but there is a way to help your child take on these challenges and fulfill his or her potential. With our study skills program in Calgary, you can help your son or daughter develop better time management skills, learn more effective exam preparation methods and even lay the groundwork for a compelling university application. It’s an excellent way to encourage the best habits for staying on top of even the longest “to do” list. Our study skills program not only helps improve academic performance — it also builds valuable organizational skills that extend into the real world. That's how we make sure children and teens in Calgary and beyond are well prepared to succeed.
An Approach Tailored to Your Child
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. In fact, anything from exam preparation, assignment planning to active listening skills could be needed to maximize all-round academic performance. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Make a Difference
So what happens next once you've registered your son or daughter for our study skills program in Calgary? Our tutoring experts will instill life-long study skills that will pay dividends far beyond school. That includes sharing techniques that are proven to make exams, projects, assignments and other schoolwork more manageable. We also help students nurture positive habits, recognizing every skill mastered and every milestone reached.
Our program covers the following:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.