As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. Sylvan's study skills program in Bragg Creek is designed to help students improve their time management, learn how to prepare for exams and start working towards a strong university application. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists. After all, we emphasize practical organizational skills as part of our study skills program in addition to proven academic techniques. That's how our experts tee up Bragg Creek students for real success at school — and beyond.
An Approach Tailored to Your Child
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. In fact, anything from exam preparation, assignment planning to active listening skills could be needed to maximize all-round academic performance. At Sylvan, adapting to each student’s unique needs is a priority so we’re able to provide relevant and personalized sessions that focus on practical study tips for boosting grades and building confidence.▼
Our Tutors Can Help Make a Difference
So what happens once your son or daughter is registered for our study skills program in Bragg Creek? Our tutoring experts will focus on teaching useful, life-long study skills that can be applied towards greater achievements in class and beyond. That includes sharing techniques that are proven to make exams, projects, assignments and other schoolwork more manageable. We also help students foster their newly acquired habits and attitudes, recognizing each milestone reached and every skill mastered.
Our program at a glance:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.