As school workloads grow and the challenges of university get closer, you can help ensure your son or daughter is prepared with Sylvan’s study skills program in Alberta. Our program focuses on problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that kids in grades 4-12 can use to organize their schoolwork and manage their busy schedules more effectively. As your child learns tools and techniques that can be used in and beyond school, you'll see his or her confidence grow! Contact your local Sylvan in Alberta now to find out how we can equip your child for success.
A Bright Future Starts With a Smart Approach
Between homework, advanced classes, extracurricular activities and part-time jobs (not to mention socializing!), most modern students have a lot on their plate. And once university applications start, it can be even more difficult to stay on top of things. That's why our study skills program is tailored to have a lasting positive effect, helping students gain important strategies to plan, manage and prioritize their schedules and workloads more effectively than ever before.▼
Achieve More from Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
Greater achievements need a solid foundation. For that reason, Sylvan's study skills program in Alberta is designed to equip teens with transferable skills and strategies that can be used in the classroom and, after that, at university and in career settings. At Sylvan, we see the bigger picture, which is why we’re dedicated to instilling life-long knowledge that can help your son or daughter thrive personally and academically, both inside and outside the classroom. Find out how we can strengthen your child’s skillset so he or she can handle any challenge.
Your Teen Will Learn:
- How to better manage time and workloads.
- Strategies to set achievable short-term and long-term goals.
- Techniques to plan and track projects.
- Organizational methods for setting up an effective personal study area and tackling homework.
- How to track grades and design an academic calendar.
- Communications skills, including active listening.
- How to apply to university and prepare for job interviews, including resume and cover letter writing tips.