As school workloads grow and the challenges of university get closer, you can help ensure your son or daughter is prepared with Sylvan’s study skills program in Alberta. Through our study skills program, kids and teens in grades 4-12 will learn important problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that will help them organize and manage packed schedules and increasing schoolwork more effectively. As your child develops life-long skills that he or she can put to use in school and beyond, his or her confidence will soar! So don't delay: contact your local Sylvan in Alberta now to make sure your child is equipped for success.
Prepare for a Bright Future Ahead
Between homework, advanced classes, extracurricular activities and part-time jobs (not to mention socializing!), most modern students have a lot on their plate. And once university applications start, it can be even more difficult to stay on top of things. That's why our study skills program is tailored to have a lasting positive effect, helping students gain important strategies to plan, manage and prioritize their schedules and workloads more effectively than ever before.▼
The Skills to Achieve More in School and Beyond
Greater achievements need a solid foundation. So our study skills program in Alberta is all about the kind of transferable skills and strategies that can be applied immediately in the classroom — as well as in university and professional settings later on. Because we see the bigger picture, we’re always dedicated to instilling lifelong knowledge that can help your son or daughter thrive personally and academically. We’re here to enhance your child’s skillset so he or she can meet any challenge with confidence.
Your Child Will Learn:
- Scheduling and workload management techniques.
- Strategies for achieving goals in both the short term and long term.
- Tips for project planning and tracking.
- Organizational methods for completing homework assignments and establishing an efficient personal study area.
- Performance management skills, such as using an academic calendar and tracking grades.
- Tactics for better communication, including active listening.
- How to ace the all-important university admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including how to write an effective resume and cover letter.