Sylvan’s study skills program in Alberta can help ensure your son or daughter is fully prepared for increasing school workloads and the forthcoming challenges of university. Through our study skills program, kids and teens in grades 4-12 will learn important problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that will help them organize and manage packed schedules and increasing schoolwork more effectively. As your child develops life-long skills that he or she can put to use in school and beyond, his or her confidence will soar! So don't delay: contact your local Sylvan in Alberta now to make sure your child is equipped for success.
A Successful Future Starts Now
Between homework, advanced classes, extracurricular activities and part-time jobs (not to mention socializing!), most modern students have a lot on their plate. And once university applications start, it can be even more difficult to stay on top of things. That's why our study skills program is tailored to have a lasting positive effect, helping students gain important strategies to plan, manage and prioritize their schedules and workloads more effectively than ever before.▼
Life-Long Skills to Succeed, Starting in Grade 4
Success starts with a solid foundation. That’s why our study skills program in Alberta is designed to equip teens with vital skills and strategies that they can not only put to use right away in any grade, but that they can also carry with them into university and even into future careers. We always take the bigger picture into consideration, so our goal is to instill lifelong knowledge for personal and academic success. Together we can build your child’s skillset (and confidence!) so he or she can take on any challenge.
Your Child Will Learn:
- How to manage workloads and schedules better.
- Strategies for short-term and long-term goal setting.
- Techniques for project planning, tracking and management.
- Organizational methods for effective personal study areas and efficient approaches to homework.
- How to set personal expectations, track grades and make effective use of an academic calendar.
- Active listening skills.
- How to successfully apply for university and write a compelling admission essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including how to create a resume that works.