With increasing school workloads and university challenges on the horizon, now is the time to help your son or daughter prepare with Sylvan’s study skills program in Alberta. Our program focuses on problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that kids in grades 4-12 can use to organize their schoolwork and manage their busy schedules more effectively. You'll see a noticeable confidence boost as your child gets to grips with life-long tools and techniques that can be used at school at beyond! Help your child get equipped for success: get in touch with your local Sylvan in Alberta today to get started.
Laying the Groundwork for Future Success
With the extra burden of homework, advanced classes, part-time jobs and a host of extracurricular activities, it's easy to see how much modern students have to fit in to their schedules. Add university applications to the mix and it can be extremely difficult to stay on top of things. But our study skills program is designed to have a big impact: our tutoring experts help students develop valuable strategies in order to more effectively plan, manage and prioritize their schedules and workloads.
The Tools to Succeed from Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
Success begins with a strong foundation. With our study skills program in Alberta, students can develop important skills and strategies that are relevant in the classroom immediately, and can also be applied in university and career settings later on. At Sylvan, we're always mindful of the bigger picture, so we're dedicated to teaching lifelong knowledge that helps to ensure your son or daughter's lasting personal and academic success. We’re here to enhance your child’s skillset so he or she can meet any challenge with confidence.
Your Teen Will Learn:
- How to better manage time and workloads.
- Strategies to set achievable short-term and long-term goals.
- Techniques to plan and track projects.
- Organizational methods for setting up an effective personal study area and tackling homework.
- How to track grades and design an academic calendar.
- Communications skills, including active listening.
- How to apply to university and prepare for job interviews, including resume and cover letter writing tips.