Sylvan’s study skills program in Alberta can help ensure your son or daughter is fully prepared for increasing school workloads and the forthcoming challenges of university. Through our program, kids in grades 4-12 can develop practical life management, critical thinking and problem solving skills, enabling them to manage their schoolwork and schedules more effectively. As your child develops life-long skills that he or she can put to use in school and beyond, his or her confidence will soar! We're ready to equip your child for success: simply contact your local Sylvan in Alberta to get started or to find out more.
A Bright Future Starts With a Smart Approach
With homework piling up, advanced classes to take, extracurricular activities to attend, part-time jobs to get to on time and a social life to uphold, there’s no question that most students have a lot on their plate. And with university applications to eventually consider, it can be difficult to stay on top of things. This is where our study skills program can make a big impact: our tutoring experts will equip students with valuable strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing schedules and workloads, so they can take on any project more effectively.▼
The Skills to Achieve More in School and Beyond
A solid foundation leads to success. So our study skills program in Alberta is all about the kind of transferable skills and strategies that can be applied immediately in the classroom — as well as in university and professional settings later on. In other words, we always consider the bigger picture, and our goal is to impart lifelong knowledge that can go a long way to ensuring your son or daughter's personal and academic success. Together we can build your child’s skillset (and confidence!) so he or she can take on any challenge.
Your Child Will Learn:
- How to manage time and workloads more effectively.
- Proven strategies for short-term and long-term target setting.
- Techniques for planning and managing large projects.
- Organizational methods for efficient homework routines and how to set up a personal study area.
- Performance management and planning skills, from tracking grades to using an academic calendar.
- How to communicate more effectively, including tactics like active listening.
- How to put together a winning university application.
- Job interview preparation tactics, including expert tips for writing a compelling cover letter.
Ready to Get Started?