With Sylvan’s Robotics for Kids courses in Red Deer, after-school learning has never been cooler! Your son or daughter will gain valuable science and engineering skills while learning how to build and animate a new LEGO® robot every week — it’s an amazing time! These innovative programs are a great way to keep your child inspired, motivated and engaged outside of the classroom. On top of that, our programs help equip your up-and-coming programmer or engineer with 21st century skills that can give him or her a real advantage in the future.
Give Your Child’s Skill Set a Boost
Career opportunities in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) are growing, so it's smart to ensure your child gains a 21st century skill set at an early age. That's the reason we provide Robotics for Kids courses in Red Deer that challenge kids in elementary and middle school to fulfil their potential by mastering modern skills like computer programming, logic and problem solving. Your child will work with a buddy to build robots using kid-friendly technology — a process that helps kids learn useful STEM concepts and build confidence.▼
Programs Both Kids and Parents Will Love
Kids of all backgrounds have an amazing time in our Robotics for Kids courses: no experience necessary! Parents also relish our programs because we keep them in the know at all stages. Each week, we will keep you up-to-speed by sending out a communication that shares student progress, summarizes the STEM concepts studied and provides a glimpse of next week’s project. With our reinforcement tools and wrap-up sessions, your child will consolidate the skills and knowledge he or she has gained — and share his or her achievements with you!
Here’s What Sets our Robotics Programs Apart:
- Personal attention in intimate classes of no more than 12 students
- Intuitive, kid-friendly software and hands-on activities that turn education into a truly unforgettable experience
- The camaraderie and friendship of working with a partner to build LEGO® robots each week
- Learning that focuses on STEM skills to equip students for future success
- Regular updates to ensure parents are involved in the experience and fully aware of their child's exciting progress