Sylvan’s Robotics for Kids programs in Okotoks take after-school learning to a new and exciting level! Your child will get hands-on experience building and animating a new LEGO® robot each week while learning important science and engineering concepts along the way — it’s a total blast! These programs are specially designed to keep kids engaged and inspired outside of the classroom. They're also a great way to empower young programmers or engineers to get on the right path to success by developing critical 21st century skills.
Help Your Child Enhance His or Her Skills
It's important for kids to develop 21st century skill sets as career opportunities in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) continue to grow. That’s why you’ll be happy to know that our Robotics for Kids courses in Okotoks have been specially developed to challenge and motivate students in elementary and middle school to get to grips with modern-day competencies like computer programming and problem solving — all without skimping on fun, of course! Working with a partner and using kid-friendly software, your child will learn how to build and program a number of robots, developing practical STEM skills and boosting confidence along the way.▼
Courses Both Kids and Parents Will Appreciate
Kids of all backgrounds have an amazing time in our Robotics for Kids courses: no experience necessary! Parents are fans too because we make sure to keep them fully updated at every stage. . That includes weekly communications that explain student progress, summarize relevant STEM concepts and look ahead to the next project. There are also wrap-up tasks and reinforcement tools for each session, helping kids consolidate the skills learned in class — and share amazing accomplishments with friends and family!
Our Robotics Courses Come Complete With:
- Personal attention in a small group setting (no more than 12 students per class)
- Fun, hands-on activities that transform education into an unforgettable experience
- The camaraderie of working with a partner to build and animate a new LEGO® robot each week
- Kid-friendly software that’s easy to learn and fun to use!
- STEM-focused learning that’s designed to equip students with a valuable skill set
- Regular communication, so parents are kept up-to-speed throughout the course