After-school education is now more exciting than ever with Sylvan’s Robotics for Kids courses in Canmore! Your child will have a blast as he or she builds LEGO® robots and masters key concepts in science and engineering! These programs are specially designed to keep kids engaged and inspired outside of the classroom. They’re also a fantastic way to equip your budding programmer or engineer with critical 21st century skills that can give him or her a real edge for the future.
Advance Your Child’s Skill Set
With STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) careers growing so quickly, there’s no better time to equip your son or daughter with increasingly vital 21st century skills. For that reason, our Robotics for Kids courses in Canmore are designed to not only inspire and engage kids in elementary and middle school, but also provide them with the tools to master modern-day skills like computer programming and problem solving. Working with a buddy, your child will use kid-friendly technology to build and program a variety of cool robots, learning practical STEM concepts and building major confidence in the process.▼
Parents are Involved Too!
No previous experience or expertise is needed for kids of all ages to get the most out of our Robotics for Kids programs! Parents also relish our programs because we keep them in the know at all stages. After each session, we will provide you with a student progress report, a summary of the STEM concepts taught and an overview of next week’s project. There are also wrap-up tasks and reinforcement tools for each session, helping kids consolidate the skills learned in class — and share amazing accomplishments with friends and family!
Features of our Robotics Courses include:
- Personal attention in a small group setting (no more than 12 students per class)
- Fun, hands-on activities that transform education into an unforgettable experience
- The camaraderie of working with a partner to build and animate a new LEGO® robot each week
- Kid-friendly software that’s easy to learn and fun to use!
- STEM-focused learning that’s designed to equip students with a valuable skill set
- Regular communication, so parents are kept up-to-speed throughout the course