Enlisting an expert reading tutor in Edmonton can make a huge difference when it comes to boosting your child’s reading ability and helping him or her achieve more confidence and greater results in school and beyond. No matter if your son or daughter is falling behind, needs extra practice or wants to get ahead, our certified tutors know how to provide the focused guidance and support he or she needs to thrive.
Different Programs for Different Needs
At Sylvan, we take a number of approaches to reading tutoring, which means we can match your child with the approach that best meets his or her needs. Once we pinpoint your child’s current level, we can identify the most appropriate path to take to ensure he or she is getting great results.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child has reading scores below his or her grade level, this program provides the hands-on support he or she needs. With our Personalized Tutoring, you can expect:
- Personalized support throughout. We start with a personalized learning plan, and we continually update that plan to make sure reading is a fun challenge for your child rather than a source of stress and frustration.
- Targeted learning. Using a detailed reading assessment, we have the insight to know what your child needs to improve reading comprehension and fluency.
- Budget-friendly rates. Our hourly rates are similar to those offered by private tutors and other tutoring companies, helping to keep the best reading help within your family's budget.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
If your child could use a little extra practice with reading-related homework and tests in order to stay on track in class, this is the program for you. This is what you can expect with Academic Coaching:
- Proactive tutoring to build on and sharpen reading comprehension skills, keep up with homework and get ahead in class
- Learning sessions that include skill practice, homework help, and test prep tips, all designed to meet your child’s needs
- A school-aligned curriculum that makes a big impact in class performance
- Affordable monthly packages that satisfy your needs and budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your child is juggling a heavy course load and could use some extra help, you can help your teen master advanced assignments and university-level courses with Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course. This program offers:
- Boosted confidence (and lower stress) for conquering big workloads.
- Greater efficiency when it comes to tackling advanced reading assignments.
- Honed time management skills for successfully completing homework and effectively studying for tests with big reading components, like the SAT and ACT.
- Improved scores on assignments, tests and university entrance exams.
- Preparation the workloads and expectations of university.
- Competitive hourly rates that suit your family's budget.
Start Now and Enjoy an Academic Checkup!
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. By scheduling an Academic Checkup at your local Sylvan, we can take evaluate your child's academic skills in comparison with nationwide norms — and use our findings to identify which areas need to be improved. Get one today at your closest Sylvan!