If you’re on the hunt for a math tutor in the Edmonton region, look no further. Whether you’ve noticed your son or daughter is falling behind, needs some extra practice or just wants to get ahead in algebra, geometry or advanced math, our tutors will make sure your child succeeds. Whatever your young learner needs, we're here to provide the personalized attention that leads to real results.
Tailored Tutoring for Each Student
From support and practice to enrichment, Sylvan has a range of math programs to offer so you can decide on the option that satisfies your child’s needs. We’re here to help your son or daughter accomplish all his or her goals in math, algebra, geometry and more.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is struggling in math or having trouble grasping foundational concepts, intensive tutoring could help get scores—and confidence—up. Making math concepts accessible is our goal so your child has the foundation to succeed in the classroom and beyond. Here’s what you can expect:
- A more tailored approach: We design your child’s learning plan using our proven Sylvan Method™ to make sure he or she is getting the right attention.
- Bigger, better results: Our tutoring students can expect up to two to three times more improvement in math scores compared to their peers.
- Guidance and support from experts: Our Sylvan-certified tutors will be the support your child needs every step of the way. We make sure to continuously adjust our approach to ensure math is engaging instead of frustrating.
- Local, school-approved curriculum: Our math curriculum is aligned with the standards of most schools. And our tutors use up-to-date teaching methods, so you don’t have to be the expert!
- Affordable rates: Our hourly rates are similar to other tutoring companies and private tutors, so getting effective math help for your family doesn’t have to be over budget!
Academic Coaching (K-8)
If extra math practice is just what your son or daughter needs, our Academic Coaching program could be perfect for your family! Our expert tutors are available to help with tests, homework assignments and harder workloads. With our new monthly subscription program, you’ll get:
- Proactive tutoring support to sharpen skills, stay on top of homework, prepare for tests and build more confidence in the classroom.
- Tailored learning sessions that target your child’s weaknesses, so your child gets the exact support he or she needs.
- School-aligned curriculum for a bigger impact in class.
- Interactive, hands-on learning activities that promote skill mastery.
- Expert tutors who are up-to-date on the new ways math is taught in schools (so you don’t have to be!)
- Convenient scheduling options that work for your family, such as afternoons, evenings and weekends.
- Affordable monthly packages that fit with your needs and budget.
Advanced Math and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
If your child is on the fast track, we're here to help him or her prepare for challenging assignments and complex math concepts. It's incredibly satisfying to see your elementary, middle school or high school math whiz conquer new challenges and meet his or her ambitious goals. With our Advancement and Test Prep programs, your child will:
- Master advanced math skills with ease, including computation, process, reasoning and problem solving skills, all of which will provide a stronger foundation for the future.
- Get deeper math experience with hands-on exercises and accelerated learning that ensures concepts stick.
- Feel more confident and better prepared in the classroom. Our tutors are up to date on the local curriculum, so they are able to connect the lessons taught at Sylvan with what your child is doing at school.
- …and our competitive hourly rates make it affordable!
Ready to Get Started?
Get started today for only $95 for a limited time. The Sylvan Insight™ Assessment is a terrific way to pinpoint your child's strengths and pinpoint any skill sets that could use extra attention. Give us a call or fill out the form and we'll contact you as soon as possible to talk about your needs and how we can help.