It's not always easy to juggle school-related responsibilities like homework, university prep, advanced classes and extracurricular activities — not to mention socializing! However, with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Calgary and Lethbridge region, you can provide the guidance and preparation your teen or pre-teen needs to successfully prepare for this exciting yet turbulent time in his or her life. We've specifically designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, focusing on "higher order" thinking skills and strategies such as time management, academic planning and interview preparation. After all, equipping your child with effective study skills can translate into greater success in the classroom, in university and in future careers. Get in touch with us today to learn more about how our tutoring experts in the Calgary and Lethbridge region can help your child fulfill goals and tackle any workload.
A Practical Approach for Tangible Results
While you may be familiar with helping your child with a spelling question or a science fair project, equipping him or her with effective study skills and techniques may not come as easy. Rest assured our skilled tutors in the Calgary and Lethbridge region use a range of study strategies to equip your child with practical skills that can be applied in school, in university and beyond: organizational tactics, time management techniques, academic planning tips and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
What We Offer
Succeeding academically doesn’t just mean getting a passing grade on a test or an exam. That's why our study skills experts in the Calgary and Lethbridge region keep the big picture in mind. Our program aims to ensure your child is ready for the increasing workloads and expectations to come in university. That means teaching both short-term and long-term goal-setting techniques as well as study strategies that can be relied on time and again.
Our study skills program will teach your child effective studying strategies including:
- Time management for tackling workloads in an efficient manner.
- Academic and strategic planning for setting short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organizational habits for setting up a personal study area, organizing schoolwork, setting personal expectations and using an academic planner.
- Expectation management for pinpointing teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Preparation for university, including navigating admissions and essay requirements.
- Writing an impactful resume and cover letter, and interviewing for a job.