It isn’t always simple to stay on top of academic responsibilities like homework and essays while juggling extracurricular activities, university preparation and a social life at the same time. But with Sylvan's study skills program in the Calgary and Lethbridge region, you can help your teen or pre teen prepare for an exciting yet challenging time in his or her life. Our study skills program is specifically aimed at students in grades 4-12 and focuses on "higher order" thinking strategies and techniques, including organization, time management and strategic planning. These skills can help set your child up for success in school, in university and in future careers. Discover for yourself how our friendly tutors in the Calgary and Lethbridge region can help your child accomplish goals and realize his or her potential.
Practical Learning for Real Results
You might be used to helping your child with a math problem or English essay, but teaching effective study skills and habits is not so easy. Using a variety of study tips, tactics and strategies, our tutors in the Calgary and Lethbridge region focus on practical skills that can be used in school and beyond: how to be more organized, how to plan projects, how to achieve goals, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
The Right Preparation for the Best Results
Succeeding academically doesn’t just mean getting a passing grade on a test or an exam. That’s why our study skills tutors in the Calgary and Lethbridge region focus on the larger picture. We have specially designed our program to make certain your son or daughter is well prepared for the mounting course loads and expectations to come. This means teaching invaluable goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied over and over again.
Our study skills program teaches strategies for smart studying, including:
- Efficient and effective time and workload management.
- Strategic and academic planning for successfully setting and achieving short-term and long-term goals and projects.
- Organizational abilities for organizing schoolwork, setting up a personal study area, setting personal expectations and making the most of an academic planner.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding university admissions requirements and how to tackle the university admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including writing an effective resume and cover letter.